Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Hello Out There...

Hello Out There...

I have this image of my words as I type them rolling on the big screen like the Star Wars opening credits. Not because I think what I have to say is so monumentally important, but I feel like I am about to release something so private and personal into the webby cosmos and I know once I hit "publish"  I can't take it back.  Little scary. But with a title like Kim Kicks Lash, I'd better buck up and press on!

So, this is my first ever post on my own blog.  I don't have any goals yet other than to talk about what interests me, and hope it's interesting to somebody else out there as well.    Lofty goals.

Since this is all about me today, I will tell you a little story.

2014 hit me like a ton of bricks.  As the New Year rolled around I had the proverbial epiphany, and realized a few things:

1. I am turning 50 this year
2. I am fluffy and lazy, ie:  I spend way too much time playing FB games and watching tv
3. I love my kids and my husband, but I am bored, and undoubtably boring as well
4. I have way too much stress in my life
5. I don't want to start another year the same way.

I know, these are not earth-shattering revelations, they are not even unique. But they shook me, and I decided to make some changes.  Since I can't stop time, I can't change the fact that I will be 50 in 15 days. And stress is an unfortunate and maddening part of life for women my age, what with growing children, aging parents, and yes, MENTALPAUSE.  So what I am left with is fluffy and lazy, boredom, and boring-ness. While I was pondering what to do about my boredom, and starting my 5 zillionth unsuccessful New Year's diet, I saw an email come across my desk from my cousin Kelly.  New business opportunity, yada yada, really like it, yada, would you be interested in trying it?  Now, I am not a salesperson.  In fact, at my current company, I was pretty much tossed out of sales on my fluffy butt.  Luckily, I landed in the best possible office job, for which I am eternally delighted and grateful.  But I digress...

She said the business was a new cosmetics company called Younique.  I laughed.  Really, that's the name?  I won't go into detail about the jokes running thru my head, but I think I've seen it on the list of the "What's Your Stripper Name" game.  So, I was skeptical.  But it sounded super easy, it was only $99 to join, and I got a big beauty kit with lots of pretty colored makeup and stuff to play with.  My girly girl won out, and I signed up.   What I thought was a "mercy buy" to help my cousin and get some cool makeup, instead turned out to be the answer to # 2 and 3 on my list above.   Turns out, I love the beauty biz.  I mean realllly love it. I currently only work it part-time, but in just a few short months it has inspired and motivated me more than anything I can remember in the past lotta years. Being involved with Younique has rejuvenated me, I have made a lot of lovely new friends, have started to pay more attention to my health and how I present myself to the world,  and sparked a new desire to bring beauty and skincare tips to women of all ages, because every girl deserves to feel great about herself!

So, my goal for this blog is to uplift and inspire, make you feel good when you read it, maybe even get a laugh or two.

Kicking lash and taking names!
XO
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment