Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

I HEART MAKEUP!

I can't believe how often I hear women say "Men are sooo lucky, they don't have to wear makeup or dye their hair, or worry about their clothes, shoes etc... "    

Really?  I feel like we are the lucky ones!  How much fun is it to be able to change your look according to your moods and whims?  Men, in general, are pretty limited to how much they can (or will) change their looks on a given day.  Ladies, however, can experiment.   I think self-expression and art and beauty are soul-serving!  I LOVE pretty makeup and clothes and when I find something that is the perfect color and fabric and cut to make me feel beautiful it is,well, JOYFUL!   

There are plenty of studies out there about color psychology and how certain colors affect your mood. Wearing a "happy" color, or a bold one, does improve your mood and your confidence. So wearing them on your face in a way that enhances your natural beauty can only be a good thing.   It's not about covering up or feeling your aren't beautiful enough- it's about enhancing, creating a mood, an image that you may want to show the world on any given day.  Whatever men may think, we don't wear makeup for you.  Sorry if that bursts your bubble- but it's largely true.  We wear it for ourselves- for fun, for a confidence boost, or just because we like the beauty and drama of it.  

I heart makeup!  

XO 
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment