Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let It Go, Let It Gooo

Why is it we fluffy ladies insist on wearing decidedly un-fluffy clothing?  Is it delusion, desperation, delirium, or are we just into discomfort and pain?    I'll address these one by one.

Delusion:  I cannot tell you how many times I have gone into the dressing room at my favorite department store with clothing that is 2 sizes too small in the vain hope that my body will shrink 2 sizes so that I won't have to admit to myself  I'm REALLY a size Fluff-teen, or worse, Fluff-ty something.  Better to just avoid the dressing room, buy the size I want to be,  and figure out how to squeeze into it when I get home.

Desperation:  Maybe if I wear this tight, hot sweater that covers my upper arms and my hips and everything in between, people will think I am skinny.   Maybe if I squeeze into my daughter's jeans they will think I am also a 20 year old college student.  Maybe if I Spanx myself from head to toe like an Egyptian mummy I will feel sexy in my party dress..I can breathe again tomorrow. Sound familiar?

Delirium:  This actually comes AFTER I have Spanxed myself, put on my tight hot sweater, and my daughter's jeans and BEFORE I can breathe again.   When I am delirious I am sure that I look smokin' hot and NOT like a Johnsonville brat.

So now we come to the reason for my rant.  Discomfort and pain and my wish to never experience these things related to how I dress ever again.  Who was it who said "beauty is pain?"  Well it was probably a man, but if not-she's a moron!!  There is nothing remotely beautiful about being sweaty, short of breath, and in pain.  It's not worth it ladies. Just...let it go.  Buy the most beautiful, breezy, soft, comfy- yes, fluffy- clothing you can find IN YOUR SIZE and sink in.  Drape yourself in chiffon, silk, cotton, or whatever feels good and fits right and float yourself into a room like an Arabian princess.  Life is too short for tight clothes.

XO
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment